Australia Coal Downturn May Last Longer Than Government Acknowledges FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Australia Associated Press:The downturn in the coal industry will last longer than expected and prices won’t improve until at least 2020, an economics professor has warned.The dire prediction comes as the Queensland Resources Council lobbies the Queensland premier, Annastacia Palaszczuk, for emergency relief measures to help prop up the state’s ailing coalmines and save thousands of jobs.An economics professor at Central Queensland University, John Rolfe, said the downturn in coal prices was expected to last another four years, which was much longer than previously thought.“Nobody predicted that the slowdown in mineral energy prices would be as swift or as long reaching,” he told ABC Radio on Tuesday. “So these sorts of costs weren’t seen as an issue even two years ago.”However, Rolfe doesn’t agree with reducing royalties to the state government, which is among the measures the QRC is pushing for after a report painted a bleak picture of the coal industry.The report, by mining sector analysts Wood Mackenzie, found a third of Queensland coalmines are running at a loss and more than half of the mines producing thermal coal for power stations are in the same position.Cockatoo Coal’s Baralaba mine has become the latest Queensland coalmine to halt production.The mine, which went into administration last year, has been put into care and maintenance mode to protect the value of assets while a possible sale structure is examined, the ABC reports.The chief executive of the QRC, Michael Roche, has warned 21,000 jobs have been lost in the sector and more of the remaining 60,000 will be on the chopping block unless the state government offers relief.Coal price won’t improve for years and mining downturn will last: professor
One of the things child psychologists spend a lot of time talking about is how hard it is for teenagers to find their “niche” in school. In the old days, a lot of individuals did not come out for sports because they went to small rural elementaries and they believed they didn’t have a chance to make the team. They did not know anybody from the “big” schools and were intimidated by this situation.Today, this problem occurs because of a much more mobile society. Changing schools is a reality more than an oddity because their parents are more likely to change jobs than they were years ago. Finding their niche is much easier if the student is willing to participate in sports or any school activity. This is how you make new friends, and thus, you become accepted much faster. You will be in a class with people you know because of your willingness to get involved.Fitting in wasn’t easy 60 years ago and it seems to be much harder today.
For all the Latest Sports News News, Football News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps. Real Madrid conceded 16 goals in five pre-season games.Bayern Munich lost to Tottenham Hotspur on penalties in the final.Gareth Bale could play for three years for Chinese side Jiangsu Suning. highlights Munich: French striker Karim Benzema scored a hat-trick as Real Madrid defeated Fenerbahce 5-3 in a pre-season friendly on Wednesday which temporarily lifted the summer gloom which has engulfed the Spanish giants and coach Zinedine Zidane. However, problems remain for Real as they have now conceded 16 goals in just five friendly matches. They faced their Turkish opponents having been defeated by Tottenham 1-0 on Tuesday in the first match of a four-team event which also features German champions Bayern Munich. “We are going to find the solutions, we are going to work. I stand by my players and I know that we are going to make progress and that we will have a very good season,” said Zidane whose team had been left bruised by a humiliating 7-3 defeat by city rivals Atletico in a friendly in the United States last week. “Nobody likes conceding three goals but we have scored five. For us, this is a positive victory.” Zidane’s preparations for the new season have also been overshadowed by the saga of Gareth Bale’s future at the club. The Welsh star was left out of the Spanish side’s squad for the two matches in Munich after his planned transfer to Chinese side Jiangsu Suning, who had offered the Welshman a three-year-deal worth USD 1.1 million a week, broke down.Also Read | Real Madrid delivered a winning response to Zinedine Zidane’s stinging criticismBenzema said the humiliation at the hands of Atletico was a thing of the past and that the crucial date will be the weekend of August 17 when the new La Liga season starts.Also Read | Former Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas stable after a heart attack: FC Porto “The criticisms after the match against Atletico were normal. It was only a friendly but you cannot concede seven goals,” said the French striker. “However, it’s no longer on my mind.” In the final of the tournament, Tottenham claimed the trophy 3-2 in a penalty shoot-out win over Bayern after the game had ended 2-2. Eric Lamela and Christian Eriksen had put Spurs 2-0 up ahead before 19-year-old Jann-Fiete Arp, signed in the summer from Hamburg, and Alphonso Davis, just 18, pulled the German giants level with second-half strikes.