MAN FACING 50 SEX ASSAULT CHARGES TO APPEAR IN COURT THIS WEEK

first_imgThe trial of a man accused of 50 counts of sexual assault in different locations including Donegal will begin on Wednesday at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court.The 51-year-old man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, is alleged to have committed the offences between 2007 and 2011.The charges sent forward include 40 counts of child exploitation by inviting, inducing or coercing the alleged victim to engage in or participate in a sexual, indecent or obscene act. This includes engaging in the production of child pornography. There are three counts of alleged sexual assault and seven of defilement of a child under the age of 17.Sarah Jane O’Callaghan BL, defending, previously told the court that the trial was likely to take two weeks.Hugh Hartnett SC, defending said the trial was not ready to proceed immediately.Judge Desmond Hogan remanded the man on continuing bail and adjourned the case to Wednesday.MAN FACING 50 SEX ASSAULT CHARGES TO APPEAR IN COURT THIS WEEK was last modified: July 13th, 2015 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more