News July 15, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Poet and journalist Abdallah Al-Ryami jailed for criticising human rights violations Romania: In an open letter, RSF and ActiveWatch denounce judicial pressures on investigative journalists following a complaint from a Bucharest district mayor Follow the news on Romania December 2, 2020 Find out more Help by sharing this information News May 26, 2021 Find out more November 23, 2020 Find out more RomaniaEurope – Central Asia to go further News RSF_en News Organisation RSF and 60 other organisations call for an EU anti-SLAPP directive Reporters Without Borders today condemned the arrest on 12 July of poet and journalist Abdallah Al-Ryami for criticising human rights violations in Oman, and deplored the strict censorship of writers and journalists which the Omani authorities have been enforcing for the past few months.”We call on the sultanate’s government to free Al-Ryami at once and to respect the 1995 Alma-Ata declaration in which it undertook to adopt laws guaranteeing the rights to freedom of expression and opinion, access to information and press freedom,” the organisation said. Amendment of the press laws, which allow the authorities to exercise systematic control of all means of expression, is also necessary, Reporters Without Borders said.Al Ryami had been harassed by the authorities ever since he was invited to take part in a televised debate about democratic reforms in July 2004, and voiced doubt about the government’s readiness to undertake real democratic reforms. The authorities immediately gave verbal instructions to newspaper editors and the state radio and TV broadcaster’s executives forbidding them to interview Al Ryami or even mention his name or his works.A published poet and playwright, Al-Ryami often used to take part in arts and culture programmes on Omani television. Since he spoke out on Al-Alam, his TV programmes had been withdrawn but he continued to write for various websites such as www.kikah.com, an independent online magazine dedicated to arts and culture. Ten RSF recommendations for the European Union Receive email alerts RomaniaEurope – Central Asia
Housing 37 Compulsory Purchase Orders issued as council takes action on derelict sites RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Linkedin THE village of Boher was buzzing over the June bank holiday, with the local community development association organising a series of events across a busy weekend.The festivities began on Friday May 31 with the opening of the refurbished community centre by Carmel Fox, CEO of Ballyhoura Development, with the blessing of Murroe parish priest Canon Tom Ryan.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Speaking at the opening, Ms Fox said: “Boher Community Development Association and this current project is an example to other communities of how a key project can be developed in an area through a combination of a strong structure in the Development Association and through community support in terms of fundraising.“I am delighted to see that the centre is now in full use. I wish Boher Community Development Association and its members and the wider community in Boher continued success with the community centre.”The reopening of the community centre preceded a celebration of the 40-year anniversary of Boher’s 1973 junior county hurling success, with the players, management and officer involved being commemorated.On Saturday June 1, more than 130 people took part in a 33km cycle to raise funds for Cliona’s Foundation in memory of Ciara McCarthy, with funds in excess of €5,000 pledged to this worthy cause.The festivities concluded on Sunday 2 with the annual family fun day at Boher GAA pitch. Activities such as the fancy dress competition, obstacle race and tug of war proved very popular with the large crowd that had gathered to cap an enjoyable weekend in the community of Boher. Email WhatsApp Print Twitter Advertisement Previous articlePig ‘n’ Porter returns to LimerickNext articleOut & About – Hermitage Green Gig at Dolans Limerick Liam Togherhttp://www.limerickpost.ieLiam joined the Limerick Post in December 2012, having previously worked in other local media organisations. He holds an MA in Journalism from the University of Limerick and is particularly interested in sports writing. Patrickswell women get to the heart of the matter Unstoppable Sean shows that all things are possible NewsCommunityBusy bank holiday in BoherBy Liam Togher – June 13, 2013 746 Population of Mid West region increased by more than 3,000 in past year TAGSBoherCommunity Heartbroken publicans call time on their Covid lockdown Could Alfie be the new Nose of Tralee?
Italian oil company Eni has reached its all-time production record of 1 million and 920 thousand barrels of oil equivalent per day (boe/d).Eni claimed on Thursday that this record level of production is proof of the success of the integrated exploration and development model that the company has developed in recent years, and that has allowed a reduction in the time-to-market of new projects while ensuring compliance with initial investment estimates.In 2017, Eni started production from Angola’s East Hub field, Ghana’s OCTP project, Indonesia’s Jangkrik and Egypt’s Zohr, the largest gas field ever discovered in the Mediterranean sea, which started production less than two years after the final investment decision. Production from these four fields now amounts to around 310 thousand boe/d, corresponding to 160 thousand boe/d of equity production for Eni.Eni has a high number of operated projects, producing over 3.6 million boe/d, which facilitate a fast-track approach of all of the projects’ phases, from appraisal to engineering to development, ensuring maximum control of project costs, time and risks.Eni’s Chief Executive Officer Claudio Descalzi said, “I am proud of the results we have achieved in 2017. They confirm the validity of Eni’s operating model. Our well-known leadership in exploration is now matched by an ability to execute projects among the best in the oil industry.Descalzi added: “In less than three years, we have put seven giant fields into production, ahead of the expected schedule and reducing costs in the context of extremely difficult prices, while the oil sector was only focused on postponing any development initiative.”
However, football stadiums and other sports events could be subject to an exception and allowed to admit limited number of fans, but the subject is under discussion. A Hamburg-based virologist said even a tiny crowd of 1,000 fans in the cavernous Olympic Stadium would be too many. “You have to limit the number of spectators,” said scientist Jonas Schmidt-Chanasit. Read Also: Ronaldo fails to lift Juve as Napoli claim Coppa Italia “I think a figure in the low three-digit range could definitely be implemented. “The danger is that there will be ‘a superspreading’ at an event, where an unidentified infected person in the stadium can infect hundreds of people in those two hours.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Next month’s German Cup final will be played behind closed doors after the country’s football association’s application for fans to be present was turned down by the local Berlin government on Wednesday. Bayern Munich will defend the German Cup at a near-empty Olympic Stadium Earlier in the day the German football associaton (DFB) said they hoped up to 1,000 fans could be allowed into the capital city’s Olympic Stadium when holders Bayern Munich host Bayer Leverkusen on July 4. The ground has a capacity of 75,000 but all football matches have been played behind closed doors since the Bundesliga resumed in mid-May. “The response to our request was negative,” the DFB said. “The rules currently in place in Berlin mean that any gathering of more than 1,000 in the capital is forbidden until August 31,” it added. The numbers are limited to playing staff, coaches, club officials, media and match officials with fans locked out. Chancellor Angela Merkel’s government wants to ban events with large crowds until at least the end of October over fears of renewed transmission of the coronavirus, according to an official draft seen by AFP.
Gamesys tops list for GambleAware Q1 donations July 10, 2020 William Hill accelerates transformation agenda to overcome COVID realities August 5, 2020 StumbleUpon Submit SBC Magazine Issue 10: Kaizen Gaming rebrand and focus for William Hill CEO August 25, 2020 Related Articles Share Share FTSE250 bookmaker William Hill is set to significantly expand its US market propositions, entering a strategic joint-venture with Nasdaq casino and leisure group Eldorado Resorts. Sky News has reported that William Hill governance is set to disclose its deal with Reno-based Eldorado, which at present operates twenty casino properties across ten US states.The pending agreement will see Eldorado acquire a 20% stake in William Hill’s US betting division, with the FTSE bookmaker becoming the lead supplier to Eldorado casino properties.Further strengthening the joint-venture, both parties have agreed that Eldorado governance will be granted a ‘restricted stock access’ in William Hill shares of circa £50 million.Maintaining a market cap of $3.7 billion, Eldorado operates casino resorts in the states of Nevada, Illinois, Ohio, Iowa, Colorado, Louisiana, Missouri, Pennsylvania and Florida.William Hill secures its biggest US partnership to date, amid a fast-changing liberalised US sports betting market in which its FTSE competitors Paddy Power Betfair and GVC Holdings have gained rapid entry through joint-venture agreements with FanDuel and MGM Resorts respectively.Nevertheless, as a betting operator, William Hill has the deepest understanding of servicing US consumers having operated its ‘Race and Sportsbooks’ betting operations in the state of Nevada since 2012.This August William Hill governance revealed that its US division would be undertaking a major recruitment drive focused on technology development and expanding North American commercial opportunities.