View post tag: EUNAVFOR Med BNS Leopold I Concludes Op Sophia Deployment Belgian frigate Leopold I said farewell to the European Task Force EUNAVFOR MED operation SOPHIA after 38 days of activity in the Mediterranean Sea.The crew, composed of 158 sailors, including 9 women, provided support to Operation Sophia.They ran on duty within a Task Force composed of 8 naval units and 9 air assets, led by the Force Commander, the Italian Rear Admiral Andrea Gueglio, embarked on board the Flagship Cavour, together with the multinational staff.During their operational activities, Leopold I contributed to the rescue of 258 migrants. Following the rescue operation, 4 smugglers have been identified as smugglers and delivered to the Italian judicial authorities.Furthermore, “Bluebird”, Alouette 3 – the helicopter embarked onboard the ship – performed 22 air surveillance operations.Captain Luc De Maesschalck, the Commanding Officer of the Belgian ship, said:This mission was a new experience for the Leopold and turned out also to be very tactically and humanly interesting, all the crew was proud being part of it.Image: EUNAVFOR View post tag: Op Sophia Share this article View post tag: BNS LEOPOLD I November 19, 2015 Back to overview,Home naval-today BNS Leopold I Concludes Op Sophia Deployment Authorities
continue reading » CUNA will join CUNA Mutual and the Financial Services Information Sharing Center (FS-ISAC) for a webinar Thursday on mitigating fraud risk in the wake of the Equifax data breach. Registration is now available for the call, which is open to FS-ISAC members only and is scheduled for 1 p.m. (ET) Thursday.Equifax announced a breach earlier this month that impacts 143 million American consumers, with an additional 209,000 credit card numbers also being stolen.The webinar will address:A background of recent events;A briefing on how stolen credentials can be re-used on the dark web;Ways to proactively change fraud strategy after a large data breach;Best practices in fraud monitoring/detection and identity theft; 11SHARESShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
The Keck School of Medicine, Ostrow School of Dentistry and Rossier School of Education have each announced new online degree programs for graduate students.Keck will offer a master of public health degree, Ostrow will offer an online master of science in geriatric dentistry degree and Rossier will offer a master of education in school leadership degree.The programs at the Keck and Rossier schools will be open to students next semester, while Ostrow will begin its new program next fall.While USC is no stranger to online education, the revolutionary aspect of these programs is its intended target audience.“The program is designed for working professionals,” said Alex Duke, assistant dean of enrollment management and student services at the Rossier School of Education.By offering working professionals the opportunity to continue their education, Rossier sets them up to become strong and active in their field, according to Duke.Roseann Mulligan, program director and chair of the division of dental public health and pediatric dentistry at Ostrow, said the school also intends to gear the geriatric dentistry program toward professionals.“It will focus on the most common medical and oral health conditions seen in older adults,” Mulligan said.Despite the fact that the programs are online education only, they will still allow students to connect with their classmates by creating a network of professional students across the country.“Having classmates that you interact with and learn from is just part of the experience,” Duke said. “It creates the ability for our students to have a national community of practice.”Kelly Goulis, senior associate dean of graduate and professional programs at the Viterbi School of Engineering, pointed out that these programs also have practical implications for students.“It’s a matter of just expanding our reach to get to students who are not able to get here full time on campus,” Goulis said.Despite the three new programs for graduate students, the university does not have plans to create online opportunities for undergraduates. Goulis said this is because of the nature of the college experience.“When you’re an undergraduate living on campus, being here and interacting with other students, it provides you with … things that are important as you’re growing and developing into the next stage of your academic career,” Goulis said.Regardless of the success of the three programs, Duke said the experience will be valuable.“You learn something in the creation of every program,” Duke said.And these opportunities, successful or not, could be the first of many programs that allow working professionals to continue receiving an education while climbing the corporate ladder.
Dodgers hit seven home runs, sweep Colorado Rockies Fire danger is on Dave Roberts’ mind as Dodgers head to San Francisco Cody Bellinger homer gives Dodgers their first walkoff win of season Sign up for our Inside the Dodgers newsletter. Be the best Dodger fan you can be by getting daily intel on your favorite team. Subscribe here.Font is 27 years old. The only teams for which he’s pitched consistently exist at the minor league level. But since Font was out of minor league options, the Dodgers could not easily send him to Triple-A to begin the season. They now have seven days to place Font on waivers, and 10 days in which to trade him, release him or outright him to the minor leagues.“We know there’s some interest in him out there in the market,” Roberts said. “Hopefully he lands somewhere on a big-league club.”Font was the Pacific Coast League Pitcher of the Year in 2017, when he went 10-8 with a 3.42 ERA in 25 starts for Oklahoma City.ROTATION CHOICESThe Dodgers’ choices to start Monday’s game were limited. Besides Buehler, who was scheduled to start Sunday for Oklahoma City, right-hander Brock Stewart and left-hander Manny Banuelos had ample rest since their last starts at Triple-A.Now, a special set of circumstances could keep Buehler in the Dodgers’ rotation beyond Monday. The Giants and Dodgers will be permitted a 26th player for Saturday’s doubleheader in San Francisco. The Dodgers could option Buehler to Triple-A on Tuesday, bring up an extra player, then recall Buehler specifically for Saturday’s start as the 26th man. “With the extra player available for the doubleheader, he’s certainly under consideration,” Roberts said of Buehler.If Stewart starts Tuesday as scheduled, that would line up Buehler as the most realistic choice for Saturday’s start. Banuelos isn’t on the Dodgers’ 40-man roster and would require a corresponding move to pitch in San Francisco; Buehler and Stewart would not.ALSORich Hill will pitch a simulated game Tuesday, Roberts said. “It’ll be around 70, 75 pitches, something like that. Once he checks that box we’ll continue to project where he pencils in.” Hill is on the 10-day disabled list with a cut on the tip of his left middle finger. … Logan Forsythe, on the 10-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation, played catch from a distance of 60 feet.Related Articles How Dodgers pitcher Ross Stripling topped the baseball podcast empire Dodgers’ Max Muncy trying to work his way out of slow start LOS ANGELES — Wilmer Font’s 14 innings as a Los Angeles Dodger did not go well.In nine appearances out of the bullpen – three as a September call-up last year and six more in 2018 – Font was scored upon in all but two. Seven different men hit home runs against him. His 12.86 ERA was the second-highest of anyone who has thrown 10 innings or more in a Dodgers uniform since at least 1884.The experiment ended on Monday, when Font was designated for assignment and Walker Buehler was recalled from Triple-A Oklahoma City. Buehler got his first start of the season against the Miami Marlins.“We needed to make room for Walker, number one,” Manager Dave Roberts said. “Carrying nine relievers is a little excessive. We just didn’t have the innings for (Font) to pitch consistently.” Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
London, United Kingdom | AFP | Pep Guardiola said managing in England is a “dream come true” as he was honoured by the Football Writers’ Association fresh from a 6-1 Premier League victory against Southampton.The Manchester City manager was recognised for his side’s Premier League title last season and the club are again setting the pace this season, with nine wins in 11 games.Speaking at Sunday’s ceremony in Manchester, he said: “I’m fortunate to be here in your country, in England.“It’s incredible. It was a dream from a little boy for a young manager to come here to your country and be a manager here. It’s a dream come true.”City won 32 of their 38 games last season, scoring a record 106 goals and amassing a record 100 points. “I want to share, of course, this award with the whole Manchester City family because I know it’s a real family,” said Guardiola.“I know people say we have a lot of money. That’s true but despite that it’s incredible the people I’m working with and I’m a lucky guy to be here.“Thank you so much to make me feel at home in your country here and in Manchester.”The 47-year-old also made light of his outfit for the evening — the event’s dress code was lounge suit and Guardiola accepted the award wearing a casual top.Pointing to his outfit, he added: “Everyone is so elegant with a suit and tie and I came here with… I am a little bit embarrassed, I’m a disaster. I didn’t expect how important this event was.”Share on: WhatsApp
Miami-Dade State Attorney Katherine Fernandez Rundle has announced her office is dropping all charges against protesters arrested for violating the countywide curfew.Rundle said “I see no value in prosecuting these individuals and plan to drop all their cases in the absence of aggravating circumstances. Together, we can work to make Miami-Dade County a safe, secure and respectful community for all and a place where everyone’s voices are heard and valued.”Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez lifted the curfew on Monday.
FAU COVID-19 Tracker here. Over 20 more deaths in South Florida are blamed on the coronavirus but some of those deaths may have been from as far back as May and are just being reported now.The Florida Department of Health yesterday announced 16 deaths in Miami-Dade County, three in Palm Beach County and two in Broward County.Statewide, 77 deaths were announced yesterday and almost 89-hundred new cases. But are these numbers really representative of what’s going on in with the coronavirus in Florida?For the most up-to-date numbers on COVID-19 in Florida, the FAU Tracker is a reliable resource for monitoring key metrics related to coronavirus in Florida and select South Florida counties. This tracker includes publicly available data provided by the state of Florida. The tracker arranges the figures in a format to give the clearest picture of the coronavirus pandemic in the Sunshine State. There are three key metrics for monitoring: testing, hospitalizations, and deaths.
Story Links In 32 starts this season, Pena is batting .295 with one home run, three stolen bases, seven doubles, eight walks, 10 runs scored and 13 RBI. Pena, who is an elementary education major with a 3.87 GPA added her first MVC Scholar-Athlete of the Week award for her on-field play and excellent work in the classroom. CARBONDALE, Ill. – The Drake University softball team travels to Southern Illinois for an adjusted Missouri Valley Conference series this weekend. Drake and SIU were originally scheduled to play at Buel Field, Saturday and Sunday, but moved the three-game series to Charlotte West Stadium due to forecasted inclement weather for Des Moines, Iowa. Drake (25-9, 8-0 MVC) and SIU (20-12, 4-3 MVC) will play a doubleheader Saturday starting at 2 p.m. Following Saturday’s two games, the teams will play a single game Sunday at 12 p.m. There will be no Valley on ESPN3 broadcasts for the series, but live stats will be available at www.GoDrakeBulldogs.com. Drake will still be the home team in each of the three games. Newman earned two of Drake’s four wins. She pitched a complete game in the series opener versus Bradley where the Braves scored two unearned runs off her in a 10-2 five-inning victory. She allowed four hits with seven strikeouts and zero walks. Newman helped herself at the plate going 3-for-3 with one double, her first home run of the season and three RBI. Newman’s solo home run ended the game early in the fifth inning. Newman followed that performance with five scoreless innings where she allowed one hit with nine strikeouts and two walks in the series finale win over Bradley. Following this weekend at SIU, Drake is scheduled to play at South Dakota State April 11 before return to Buel Field to host Valparaiso, April 14-15. Print Friendly Version The Bulldogs swept Bradley in their last series, which was the team’s first home games at Buel Field. Redshirt junior pitcher Nicole Newman (Madison, Wis.) was named MVC Pitcher of the Week for a league-leading fourth time this season while junior infielder Taryn Pena (Columbia, Ill.) was tabbed MVC Player of the Week for the first time in her career Monday after their performances last week. The team went 4-0 with the three-game sweep over Bradley and a midweek in-state victory at Iowa. Newman, who is 11-2 on the season, moved to third all-time in career strikeouts at Drake with an impressive 677. She is just three punchouts away from tying Brynne Dordel (2008-11) with 680. Newman leads the MVC in earned run average with an impressive 0.66 mark, ranks second in strikeouts with 122 and third in wins. In her career, she has won MVC Pitcher of the Week nine times. Live Stats Pena batted a team-high .545 (6-of-11) in the four wins. She had one stolen base, two doubles, two runs, three walks and six RBI while compiling a .667 on-base percentage and slugging .727. Pena, who is on a five-game hitting streak, started the week with a 1-for-3 performance at Iowa with one RBI. She followed by going 1-for-2 with one double and two RBI in the first win over Bradley. Pena then went 2-for-3 with two RBI in a 9-8 victory over Bradley, including driving in the game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh inning as Drake erased a 7-3 deficit. She closed the Bradley series with another 2-for-3 performance and had one double and drove in one run.
Donegal Stationery Company has been serving the community for over 100 years.They haven’t gone away and plan to be around for another while yet, maybe another 100 years – who knows!Donegal Printing Co was formed in 1912 and operated from premises at 23 Lower Main Street (now Voodoo) until the year 2000. Then, following the sale of the building the printing company moved to Pinehill Industrial Estate and Donegal Stationery Co was formed.In July 2001, Donegal Stationery Co, under the directorship of Bernadette Lapsley (nee Curran) and her husband Paul moved to new rented premises at 50 Lower Main Street where they continue to operate.As well as Bernie and Paul there are five permanent staff and two part-time students employed.They boast a great range of school, office, art and craft supplies at great prices. They also offer photocopying and laminating services and make stamps in store. Since November 2017, Paul and his crafter van have been a familiar sight on the Donegal roads. He visits all the primary schools in the county making it easier for them to source their supplies.From their premises in Letterkenny, deliveries are not a problem. The ladies are delighted to get out on the road bringing paper, pens, files and all kinds of stationery items to their valued customers.So if you need any stationery or art supplies remember Donegal Stationery is always the best value in town.Donegal Stationery Company planning to serve community for another 100 years was last modified: May 21st, 2019 by Staff WriterShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal Stationeryletterkenny
Donegal has recorded some of the highest commercial vacancy rates in Ireland, according to the latest report from GeoView.Vacancies are on the rise in the county, with Ballybofey recording the second highest vacancy rate in the country.The survey found that the six counties with the highest vacancy rates were all in the west and north west, including Donegal. The national vacancy rate now stands at 28,063 – up 13.3% this quarter.In Donegal, 19% of the vacancies are accommodation and food services units. The services sector accounted for the majority of commerical properties in use.The report noted that Brexit could have a further negative impact on commercial activity and tourism in the likes of Donegal, Clare and Kerry, leading to a possible further rise in vacancies.Commercial vacancies in Donegal among highest in Ireland was last modified: August 22nd, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)