Haselbeck’s Limerick on display through his photographs and works

first_imgCelebrating a ground breaking year in music from Limerick Andrew CareySign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up [email protected] dating back to 1912 will be on display by Limerick City Museum and Archives as part of a major exhibition of work by Franz S Haselbeck. The photographs will be hosted at City Hall.From 1912 until his death in 1973, Haselbeck was a professional photographer in the city and he was famous for his work as he cycled the streets of Limerick on his bike in an effort to photograph and record major events including the War of independence and construction projects of his time.Running at City Hall this month and next, the exhibition is free to all and includes many archival documents on his life both professional and personal.Ranks Mills, the Shannon scheme at Ardnacrusha power station and water ways along with the construction of a Irish Wire and the Cement factory all feature in the work from the German who moved to Limerick with his family in the early 1900s.Franz S. Haselbeck’s genius wasn’t recognised in his own lifetime but now, thanks to the hard work and dedication of his only grandchild, Patricia Haselbeck Flynn, his wonderful photographs can be appreciated by all in a book launched by Collins Press late last year. Advertisement WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook TAGSexhibitionFranz S HaselbeckMusic Limerickphotographs Emma Langford shortlisted for RTE Folk Award and playing a LIVE SHOW!!! this Saturday Twitter #SaucySoul: Room 58 – ‘Hate To See You Leave’ center_img Print Linkedin Previous articleCracked window won’t stop Ryanair improving customer serviceNext article2014 to begin with a blast and a gale Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Email #HearThis: New music and video from Limerick rapper Strange Boy NewsHaselbeck’s Limerick on display through his photographs and worksBy Staff Reporter – January 1, 2014 788 Limerick Post Show | At Home On The Farm Exhibition Watch the streamed gig for Fergal Nash album launchlast_img read more

House and land packages under $300,000 tempt first home buyers

first_imgHouse and land packages under $300,000 – BurbankThe packages come as the developer releases its first 250sq m lots at Flagstone – the $6.7 billion satellite city development taking shape between Brisbane and the Gold Coast.More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus22 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market22 hours agoPeet CEO and managing director Brendan Gore said the smaller lots were new to Flagstone’s second neighbourhood, which has just been released.“Each neighbourhood in Flagstone has a distinctive blend of housing product and the new Gateway neighbourhood has been carefully planned to give first homebuyers an even bigger choice,” he said. “There will be a select number of compact lots integrated with bigger homesites up to 720sq m and located close to parks and green space.“This gives homeowners the benefits of smaller, more affordable blocks of land without compromising Flagstone’s distinctive outdoor lifestyle and airy streetscapes.”The three-bedroom, two-bathroom and single-garage designs come with floor coverings, light fittings and free front garden landscaping on a 250sq m lot. House and land packages under $300,000 – Burbank FacadeCould this be southeast Queensland’s cheapest new house and land package?Flagstone developers Peet Limited and MTAA Super have worked with five builders to put together an early Christmas present for first home buyers — house and land packages from $298,000.The packages have been released ahead of the First Home Owners Grant deadline on December 31, when the grant was scheduled to reduce from $20,000 to $15,000. However, the grant is now expected to be extended for another six months after Labor was re-elected for a second term. There are currently three packages on offer for less than $300,000. House and land packages under $300,000 – BurbankThe new Gateway release is close to the future Flagstone city centre — a 126-hectare CBD with provision for a future hospital, tertiary campus and train station. It is also walking distance to a massive $12 million regional park now being developed around the city centre. Over the next four years, the 10-hectare Flagstone Central park will become an exciting recreation zone, with facilities being progressively built as the community grows. A water play dog park opened earlier this year and a designer skate plaza is being completed. The skate plaza will open today, coinciding with the Flagstone Christmas Wonderland, a free family extravaganza with skating elves, Santa DJ, giant games, food vans and market stalls starting from 4pm. Flagstone, one of the biggest new satellite cities being built in Australia, was made a suburb in its own right, with the area expected to hold 12,000 homes within the Peet development alone once completed. It is the central hub of the Greater Flagstone region, a Priority Development Area, and is expected to eventually be home to 120,000 people, comparable to Toowoomba or Cairns.last_img read more

Shocker as Arsenal boss tests positive for Coronavirus

first_img Arteta himself added: “This is really disappointing but I took the test after feeling poorly. I will be at work as soon as I’m allowed.” The news comes just hours after the Premier League confirmed this weekend’s round of fixtures would go ahead, something that is not happening around Europe, with La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1. The Prime Minister Boris Johnson said earlier today that the government were considering suspending large gatherings such as sporting events, but were not at the stage where it was necessary yet. “We are considering the question of banning major public events such as sporting fixtures,” Johnson said. Read Also:Arteta still phones Guardiola for advice after leaving Man City “The scientific advice is that this will have little effect on the spread but there’s also the issue of the burden such events can place on public services.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 The club released a statement on Thursday evening confirming the news, as worries continue to grow over the well-being of other figures in the sport. The statement read: “The health of our people and the wider public is our priority and that is where our focus is. Our thoughts are with Mikel who is disappointed but in good spirits. We are in active dialogue with all the relevant people to manage this situation appropriately, and we look forward to getting back to training and playing as soon as medical advice allows.” Managing director Vinai Venkatesham added: “Mikel and the full first-team squad, players and staff, will be fully supported, and we look forward to getting back to training and playing as soon as medical advice allows. Obviously Mikel’s full recovery is the priority now for us all.” It follows after three Leicester City players also tested positive for the virus, as well as Juventus player Daniele Rugani. Arsenal manager, Mikel Arteta, has tested positive for coronavirus as the pandemic continues to affect the sporting calendar around the world.center_img Loading…last_img read more