#Limerick man Ross is finally at peace

first_imgLimerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Twitter Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Advertisement Linkedin TAGSClarelimerickmissingRoss Minihanshannon estuary Facebook WhatsApp The late Ross Minihan will be laid to rest this WednesdayROSS Minihan, the 37-year-old Limerick man, who was missing for over three months, “is at peace now”, after his remains were returned to his family following the discovery of his body last week.The remains of Mr Minihan were discovered on the Clare coastline of the Shannon Estuary on Tuesday.37-year-old Ross, a father of two from Rathbane, went missing before Christmas last year.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Last Tuesday, the crew of the Shannon-based Irish Coast Guard spotted a body on the shoreline near Colmanstown Castle at Labasheeda in County Clare.Rescue 115 crew, who were on a training exercise in the Shannon Estuary near Kilrush raised the alarm and the Kilrush RNLI lifeboat attended the scene while members of the Kilkee unit of the Coast Guard were also mobilised to assist.The remains were removed and later last week were identified as being those of Mr Minihan.Ross, who is survived by his two children Dawn and Darren had been missing from his home since December 17 last.Originally from Sycamore Avenue in Rathbane Ross was living in Sixmilebridge but was last seen in the Rathbane area on December 17.In a post to a facebook memorial page for Ross, his sister Emma posted; “Rest in peace my big brother your at peace now XxX, our hearts are broke we will never ever forget you , it’s like a bad dream but I know your looking down on all of us xxxxx.”Ross will be laid to rest at Mount St Oliver cemetery following requiem mass this Wednesday in Our Lady of Lourdes Church.He is survived by his parents Michael and Mary, children Dawn and Darren and sisters Tanya and Emma who have collectively thanked the work of all the emergency, search and rescue groups who assisted. Emailcenter_img Previous articleJack knifed truck blocked #Limerick to #Waterford roadNext articleClinic for Great Limerick Run participants this Wednesday #Limerick Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Print WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live News#Limerick man Ross is finally at peaceBy Staff Reporter – April 4, 2016 1325 Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clashlast_img read more

Hollyloft Ski & Bike To Close Next Month After 42 Years Of Service

first_imgShare:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window) Image via Hollyloft Ski & Bike / Facebook.WEST ELLICOTT – Hollyloft Ski & Bike announced Monday that they’ll be closing on December 24th after 42 years of serving the winter-sports and biking community of Western New York and Pennsylvania. The announcement, posted on the company’s Facebook page, says that Les & Cheryl Johnson are retiring from the business.“Since 1978 in Warren, PA with The Ski Warren, and 1984 in Jamestown with Hollyloft Ski & Bike, they have helped equip local enthusiasts with fun, trending products with enduring value, and always were striving for the best in service,” the company said in a statement. “Hollyloft is grateful to our many loyal staff members throughout the years, and our community of amazing customers that have made this business fun and successful for the past 42 years.”The business says they’ll be winding down operations at the shop over the next few weeks, and they’ll sell down their inventory before eventually closing at 4 p.m. on Christmas Eve. “While this is a chapter closing, it is not necessarily good-bye, and we are actively planning new beginnings as we go dormant for a while to ride out the storm,” the company continued. “We invite you to reach out with your best memories from the past years, to celebrate the friendships and connections made through this one small business that is Hollyloft.”“Memories that attach to our local ski resorts past and present: Buckaloons, Cockaigne, Peek ‘N Peak, Holiday Valley, and Holimont. As well as the many cross-country ski events, marathons, and nordic challenges of the 70’s and 80’s. And of course: the biking world with Team Hollyloft and the many rides and races like Raccoon Rally, Kinzua Classic, Tour De Bemus, and Chautauqua Gran Fondo. While the world-wide pandemic prevents us from throwing a going-away extravaganza, we invite you to virtually share your memories and connections made through Hollyloft over the last 42 years, as we send Les and Cheryl off into a well-deserved retirement.”last_img read more

Four Alleged Members of Mexican ‘Los Zetas’ Cartel Arrested in Guatemala

first_img Four alleged members of the Mexican drug cartel ‘Los Zetas’ were detained on 20 December by the Guatemalan police in the department of Alta Verapaz, under a state of emergency imposed by the government in that area along the Mexican border penetrated by drug traffickers. The four detainees were arrested on the outskirts of Cobán, a city in the department of Alta Verapaz, about 220 km north of the Guatemalan capital, during a highway operation mounted by the police, an AFP reporter observed. One of the men had a Mexican passport and another lacked documents, nourishing the agents’ suspicions that they might belong to ‘Los Zetas,’ who have controlled part of the area for the last year, as the authorities acknowledge. Four 12-gauge shotguns, three 9-mm handguns, and more than two hundred bullets were seized in the operation, along with a white all-terrain vehicle in which the detainees were traveling. These are the first detentions reported since 19 December, when President Álvaro Colom decreed the state of emergency for the entire department of Alta Verapaz, a jungle region used as a center of operations by drug cartels and inhabited by Mayan and mestizo communities. Alta Verapaz forms part of the almost one thousand kilometers of border that Guatemala shares with Mexico, a country severely impacted by drug trafficking. The thirty-day decree suspends several constitutional rights, such as the freedom to organize and protest, at the same time that it authorizes the government to order the detention of those suspected of disturbing the peace and prohibits the carrying of firearms except by the security forces. By Dialogo December 22, 2010last_img read more

Brazil 2014: Coach Keshi approves wives, says NO to girlfriends

first_imgSuper Eagles coach Stephen Keshi gave the green light yesterday that married players could go to the World Cup with their wives but ruled out single players going with their girlfriends.Speaking at the Tom Tom Roundtable Tuesday, Keshi said that WAGs – Wives and Girlfriends are good for the players but would not tolerate girlfriends in Brazil.‘’In any civilized country, WAGs are always allowed to accompany their husbands to the World Cup. In 9994, Westerhof allowed us go with our wives. Married men in the Eagles can go with their wives but there will be no room for girlfriends’’, he said as many single girls in the audience protested mildly.last_img

MLB playoffs 2019: Juan Soto’s celebration with his father is everything

first_img MLB playoffs 2019: One reason Nationals, Brewers could win the World Series Related News THEY DON’T CALL IT THE MILD CARD, FAM. pic.twitter.com/bW4MknRhgs— Cut4 (@Cut4) October 2, 2019But as amazing as his on-field excitement was, it paled in comparison to that of his father who sought him out on the field after the game to join in on the celebration.His father was so hyped up he jumped on his son’s back and dragged him onto the ground as both were laughing and smiling. MLB playoffs 2019: Brewers’ Trent Grisham doesn’t believe pressure got to him on error MLB playoffs 2019: Three takeaways from an improbable Nationals wild-card win Juan Soto was fired up Tuesday.The 20-year-old left fielder delivered a go-ahead, 3-run single in the Nationals’ 4-3 wild-card game win over the Brewers and his celebration on the field after his hit was incredible. It truly has to be seen to be fully appreciated.Juan Soto getting celebratory tackled by his dad is so amazing. pic.twitter.com/8atUzu4Ck2— Cut4 (@Cut4) October 2, 2019There’s a lot of bad going on in this world, but Soto and his father gave us a little bit of good for a few minutes.Enjoy it.last_img read more

NBTS Developing Five-Year Plan to Increase Blood Donations

first_imgThe National Blood Transfusion Service (NBTS) is currently developing a five-year strategic plan, aimed at boosting its intake of blood from donors to at least 50,000 units per annum.The NBTS, also known as the Blood Bank, is the central public health institution responsible for collecting, storing and allocating blood, based on medical needs.Former NBTS Director, Dr. Lundie Richards, who currently has technical oversight for the entity, told JIS News that work on the plan is currently being finalized, and expressed the hope that it will be ready for implementation by the second quarter of 2013.Dr. Richards, who is currently Director of the National Public Health Laboratory, which is also based on Slipe Pen Road in Kingston, noted that while the daily requirement for blood averages between 300 and 500 units, collections by the NBTS and other public health institutions, designated as collection centres, such as the Kingston Public Hospital (KPH), total a mere 150 and 200 units per day “on a good day.” In light of this, he stressed that central to addressing this anomaly will be increasing the number of voluntary blood donors, adding that this will be comprehensively addressed in the strategic plan. Dr. Richards pointed out that the plan in being developed in partnership with the institution’s various private and public sector stakeholders, including the Ministry of Health and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO).Work on enhancing the Blood Bank’s capacity has already commenced with the recent acquisition of a refrigerator to store blood, at a cost of $1.5 million, with funds provided by the National Health Fund (NHF). This has boosted the bank’s storage capacity from 500 units to over 1,300.Meanwhile, Health Minister, Hon. Dr. Fenton Ferguson, has underscored the need to provide the NBTS with the support necessary to implement strategies that will boost voluntary donations.During a recent tour of the National Public Health Laboratory, Dr. Ferguson said increasing the number of voluntary blood donors would ensure that adequate supplies are in place. “The idea of persons just coming at a time when they have loved ones (in need of blood) is not ideal. We really want to develop this system of voluntary blood donations, and this has to get some support,” the Minister said.He cited, for example, the setting up of mobile clinics, so that persons across the island could volunteer and donate blood.Dr. Ferguson toured the National Public Health Laboratory and the Blood Bank after $60 million worth of refurbishing and upgrading work were completed at the two facilities. The repairs were funded by the National Health Fund.last_img read more