French filmmaker Arnaud Mandagaran allowed to leave the country

first_img News French documentary filmmaker Arnaud Mandagaran, who was arrested for an alleged visa violation on 14 April, was allowed to leave the country on 24 April. Permission for his departure was given by a judge in Bhomra, near the Indian border, and was conveyed orally to the French embassy. Mandagaran left from Dhaka, where he was transferred following his arrest in Bhomra.—————————————————–20.04.2005Arnaud Mandagaran released while awaiting outcome of caseA judge in Bhomra on 20 April provisionally released French documentary filmmaker Arnaud Mandagaran while awaiting the outcome of an alleged visa violation case against him. Police had on 19 April returned him from Dhaka, where he was being questioned, to Bhomra where he had been arrested on 14 April. Mandagaran has been told to stay in the country until the verdict. He is now in Dhaka.—————————————————–18.04.2005French filmmaker arrested for visa violationReporters Without Borders today condemned the arrest of French documentary filmmaker Arnaud Mandagaran for an alleged visa violation on 14 April after re-entering Bangladesh from India, and called for his immediate release.”His arrest, which could continue for seven days during the wait for an administrative decision, is an aberration and out of all proportion to the nature of the offence,” the press freedom organization said, adding, “nothing justifies the arrest of this journalist, who was just doing his job.”Mandagaran, 55, and his Indian guide, Mafizul Islam, 18, were arrested in Bhomra, in the Satkhira district near the Indian border. After arriving in Bangladesh on 26 February, he spent a month and a half in India before re-entering Bangladesh. He was transferred to Dhaka yesterday for questioning.The award-winning filmmaker is best-known for his film, “India: Turmoils of the Century.” BangladeshAsia – Pacific April 26, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 French filmmaker Arnaud Mandagaran allowed to leave the country RSF calls for the release of Bangladeshi journalist Rozina Islam, unfairly accused of espionage Bangladeshi writer and blogger dies in detention Follow the news on Bangladesh February 26, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information May 19, 2021 Find out more Organisation center_img February 22, 2021 Find out more to go further Receive email alerts News Bangladeshi reporter fatally shot by ruling party activists RSF_en News News BangladeshAsia – Pacific last_img read more

#Limerick man Ross is finally at peace

first_imgLimerick Artist ‘Willzee’ releases new Music Video – “A Dream of Peace” Twitter Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live Advertisement Linkedin TAGSClarelimerickmissingRoss Minihanshannon estuary Facebook WhatsApp The late Ross Minihan will be laid to rest this WednesdayROSS Minihan, the 37-year-old Limerick man, who was missing for over three months, “is at peace now”, after his remains were returned to his family following the discovery of his body last week.The remains of Mr Minihan were discovered on the Clare coastline of the Shannon Estuary on Tuesday.37-year-old Ross, a father of two from Rathbane, went missing before Christmas last year.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Last Tuesday, the crew of the Shannon-based Irish Coast Guard spotted a body on the shoreline near Colmanstown Castle at Labasheeda in County Clare.Rescue 115 crew, who were on a training exercise in the Shannon Estuary near Kilrush raised the alarm and the Kilrush RNLI lifeboat attended the scene while members of the Kilkee unit of the Coast Guard were also mobilised to assist.The remains were removed and later last week were identified as being those of Mr Minihan.Ross, who is survived by his two children Dawn and Darren had been missing from his home since December 17 last.Originally from Sycamore Avenue in Rathbane Ross was living in Sixmilebridge but was last seen in the Rathbane area on December 17.In a post to a facebook memorial page for Ross, his sister Emma posted; “Rest in peace my big brother your at peace now XxX, our hearts are broke we will never ever forget you , it’s like a bad dream but I know your looking down on all of us xxxxx.”Ross will be laid to rest at Mount St Oliver cemetery following requiem mass this Wednesday in Our Lady of Lourdes Church.He is survived by his parents Michael and Mary, children Dawn and Darren and sisters Tanya and Emma who have collectively thanked the work of all the emergency, search and rescue groups who assisted. Emailcenter_img Previous articleJack knifed truck blocked #Limerick to #Waterford roadNext articleClinic for Great Limerick Run participants this Wednesday #Limerick Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Print WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live News#Limerick man Ross is finally at peaceBy Staff Reporter – April 4, 2016 1325 Predictions on the future of learning discussed at Limerick Lifelong Learning Festival Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clashlast_img read more