Email Advertisement WhatsApp NewsLocal NewsDell announcement due in early JanuaryBy admin – December 15, 2008 670 DELL Limerick is awaiting an announcement in early January that will mark the fate of the Limerick plant that employs over 2500 staff at it’s Raheen base. It is reported throughout the media this morning that a majority of the Limerick production facilities will move to Poland in 2009.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The Sunday Tribune carried an article this weekend suggesting the global PC manufacturer is set to announce plans early next year to relocate its assembly operation away from its Limerick facility. It is understood from government sources in Ireland and company sources in the US that news of withdrawal of manufacturing from Limerick will be made public in January. Dell is expected to scale back its production at the Raheen facility over the course of 2009 where operations will take a major shift to Poland. A Dell spokesperson in Ireland said it was “business as usual” in Limerick and that at this stage the operation of the plant remained “under review” as with all global manufacturing sites.The Sunday Tribune stated that, a senior source within the IDA had confirmed that it is bracing itself for “dramatic news” shortly. “A plan is being put in place to see where we can go forward from here and it is being treated with the utmost seriousness,” the source said.About 16,000 jobs within the mid-west are directly or indirectly linked to Dell. Previous article‘We will restore Shannon Heathrow link’ O’LearyNext articleMunster win, Wally shines and they’re glad to see the back of Clermont admin Linkedin Facebook Twitter Print
In an interview with Brilafm.net yesterday, the FC Henan Huishang defender, who will turn 37 in two weeks, admitted that other countries on the continent have closed the gap and that Falcons need to work extra hard to remain the best in Africa.“As we all know, no team is unbeatable these days, it’s not like before when we beat countries 7-0 either home or away.“It’s really difficult to beat team’s 2-0 lately. If we really want to keep our place as the best in Africa, we really have to work for it.“We have to keep training and playing friendly games to keep that standard.“Nobody is sleeping, every team is training hard, everybody wants to beat Nigeria and be the best in Africa and if we are not ready, someone else will take the title from us,” she pointed out.In the last continental tournament in 2018, the Super Falcons made a shock losing start in Ghana with a late lone goal loss to Banyana Banyana of South Africa but bounced back to edge Desiree Ellis’ team 4-3 final via a penalty shoot-out.The 2018 triumph marked Ebi’s fourth AWCON title in six appearances, with Nigeria and she later became the first African player to play at five editions of the World Cup in France last year.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram As the entire world is grappling with how to combat the COVID-19 pandemic, Super Falcons star player, Onome Ebi, is doubtful about Nigeria’s chances of maintaining her dominance of female football in the continent in the coming years.Falcons struggled to retain their title in a nail-biting shoot-out victory against South Africa at the last edition of African Women’s Cup of Nations in 2018.The Nigerian side had dominated the continental event severally but lately failed to qualify for the third consecutive women’s Olympic Games after they were knocked out by Cote d’Ivoire in the final continental qualifying series last year.