French filmmaker Arnaud Mandagaran allowed to leave the country

first_img News French documentary filmmaker Arnaud Mandagaran, who was arrested for an alleged visa violation on 14 April, was allowed to leave the country on 24 April. Permission for his departure was given by a judge in Bhomra, near the Indian border, and was conveyed orally to the French embassy. Mandagaran left from Dhaka, where he was transferred following his arrest in Bhomra.—————————————————–20.04.2005Arnaud Mandagaran released while awaiting outcome of caseA judge in Bhomra on 20 April provisionally released French documentary filmmaker Arnaud Mandagaran while awaiting the outcome of an alleged visa violation case against him. Police had on 19 April returned him from Dhaka, where he was being questioned, to Bhomra where he had been arrested on 14 April. Mandagaran has been told to stay in the country until the verdict. He is now in Dhaka.—————————————————–18.04.2005French filmmaker arrested for visa violationReporters Without Borders today condemned the arrest of French documentary filmmaker Arnaud Mandagaran for an alleged visa violation on 14 April after re-entering Bangladesh from India, and called for his immediate release.”His arrest, which could continue for seven days during the wait for an administrative decision, is an aberration and out of all proportion to the nature of the offence,” the press freedom organization said, adding, “nothing justifies the arrest of this journalist, who was just doing his job.”Mandagaran, 55, and his Indian guide, Mafizul Islam, 18, were arrested in Bhomra, in the Satkhira district near the Indian border. After arriving in Bangladesh on 26 February, he spent a month and a half in India before re-entering Bangladesh. He was transferred to Dhaka yesterday for questioning.The award-winning filmmaker is best-known for his film, “India: Turmoils of the Century.” BangladeshAsia – Pacific April 26, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 French filmmaker Arnaud Mandagaran allowed to leave the country RSF calls for the release of Bangladeshi journalist Rozina Islam, unfairly accused of espionage Bangladeshi writer and blogger dies in detention Follow the news on Bangladesh February 26, 2021 Find out more Help by sharing this information May 19, 2021 Find out more Organisation center_img February 22, 2021 Find out more to go further Receive email alerts News Bangladeshi reporter fatally shot by ruling party activists RSF_en News News BangladeshAsia – Pacific last_img read more

Cheltenham fundraiser for JT

first_imgWhatsApp FAMOUS faces from the world of horse racing will attend a fundraising evening at Cheltenham Racecourse in the UK this Saturday June 15  for injured Limerick jockey JT McNamara.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The 37-year-old Croom man suffered a serious neck injury which resulted in paralysis at the Cheltenham Festival on March 14. He is receiving treatment at the spinal unit of Dublin’s Mater Hospital.Companies, race courses and high-profile horse owners have donated prizes for the night. The fundraiser will take place in the Gold Cup Suite at Cheltenham Racecourse. For more information or to donate e-mail [email protected] Previous articleSchoolchildren escape Limerick bus fireNext articleGeraldines AFC Awards Night Guest Writerhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Print Twitter Limerick’s All Ireland winning champions return to action Linkedin RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Emailcenter_img Sod turned on €15 million Croom school campus Croom festival highlights plight of Maigue crayfish Dawn of a new era for education in Croom Common sense would light up Croom TAGSCheltenham fundraiserCroomLimerick jockey JT McNamara NewsCheltenham fundraiser for JTBy Guest Writer – June 11, 2013 551 Advertisement ETB announces appointment of main contractor for construction of new Coláiste Chiaráin, Croomlast_img read more

Gardai investigate an Inishowen Hairdressers operating during Level 5

first_img Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Gardai investigate an Inishowen Hairdressers operating during Level 5 Pinterest Gardaí in Inishowen say they are currently investigating an incident whereby a hairdressers was operating in Buncrana town during Level 5 Lockdown.Gardai are reminding businesses that they are to strictly comply with Level 5 Covid Guidelines at all times.They have also urged the public to play their part and stay at home unless for essential purposes as Operation Fanacht checkpoints continue throughout Donegal. Previous articleIrish mortgage holders paying the highest interest rates in EUNext article96 Covid-19 patients at Letterkenny University Hospital News Highland Homepage BannerNews Twitter WhatsApp Twitter Facebook Google+ By News Highland – January 16, 2021 center_img WhatsApp Community Enhancement Programme open for applications Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA Google+ Publicans in Republic watching closely as North reopens further Facebook RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Pinterest Renewed calls for full-time Garda in Kilmacrennanlast_img read more