About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Juventus captain Chiellini: We care about Supercoppaby Carlos Volcano9 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveJuventus captain Giorgio Chiellini says they’re determined to win the Supercoppa against Juventus tonight.Juve lost on penalties in the December 2016 Supercoppa in Doha.“We have changed a great deal in two years, but it is certainly a trophy we care about and want to win,” said Chiellini in his Press conference.“This appointment arrives mid-season, so it’s different to playing in August, but it remains an important competition and we’ve got to prove ourselves with actions rather than words, because we let a few too many of these trophies slip through our fingers in recent years and that is a shame.“We want to change that trend that has seen us lose the last two Supercoppa finals, and this is the ideal opportunity. It’s going to be a difficult match, but the objective is to start 2019 lifting a trophy above our heads.”
TAYLOR, B.C. – The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure isn’t able to say when work will resume on widening the South Taylor Hill to four lanes, though Taylor mayor Rob Fraser said that the costs of the remaining two-thirds of the widening project are escalating.Fraser met with Transportation Minister Claire Trevena on four separate occasions at the Union of B.C. Municipalities convention in Whistler last week, with the meeting involving Taylor District Council focusing largely on the topic of the South Taylor Hill.In 2016, the provincial government completed the first phase of the project, widening the bottom two kilometres of the hill and building a new truck chain-up area near Big Bam Road. Construction work has not yet begun on the middle portion of the hill, which would widen the road for the 1-kilometre stretch from the first phase to the curve in the road unofficially known as “Drive Shaft Corner.”Ministry spokesperson Danielle Pope said that design and project development is underway, and a $40 million federal funding partnership was announced last year.“The final delivery option remains to be determined based on the outcome of the ongoing project investigation. Once this is determined, the ministry will seek approvals from the Capital Board and Treasury Board to proceed with the remaining project phases. At that time, we will be able to provide details regarding the timeline and cost for the remaining work,” she said in an email.However, Fraser said that planning costs for that segment of road are escalating, especially after part of the hill slumped on the downhill side of the highway during heavy rains in the spring of 2017, which caused delays on the hill for the rest of the summer.“The Ministry was pretty clear that there’s an increase in design costs, the more they look at that one kilometre, the costs of changing that somehow are really starting to ramp up and increase.”Fraser said that while meeting with Trevena, he stressed the important role the highway plays in the regional economy and that the Ministry needs to look at the entire route of the road through the river valley, rather than in individual portions.
New Delhi: Without fearing of their lives, the Delhi Police personnel nabbed three robbers in South West Delhi. The investigating agency said that during the chase the accused had fired on the staffs. Police identified the accused as Prabhat (24), Raja (20) and Lakshay (20). Deputy Commissioner of Police (South West) Devender Arya said that on April 25 at about 1:40 am a complainant approached Kapashera police station and informed that three robbers riding on a bike robbed him of his purse containing Rs 1,100 near Samalkha red light. “One of the accused persons had put a pistol on the stomach of the complainant and the boy who was riding the motorcycle was also having one weapon,” said DCP Arya. The complainant saw the three robbers going towards Kapashera border. “Finding themselves trapped, one of the robbers fired at police team but no one was injured. Without fearing of their lives the team overpowered the robbers,” police said.
The Boston Red Sox have intensified contract discussions with power-hitting David Ortiz, who is coming off another big year, albeit it cut short by injury.General manager Ben Cherington said re-signing would be a priority in the offseason. While the sides have had informal talks, serious conversations with the free-agent designated hitter will begin at “some point next week,” according to a team source.Ortiz, 36, missed 71 of Boston’s final 72 games due to a right Achilles strain but said last week in New York that he felt good and should be able to begin his normal offseason workout regimen next month.“David is someone who we feel strongly about bringing back, and we’re trying to figure out a way to do that and we hope that happens,” Cherington said in New York.Cherington also said last week that the club is in talks on a new contract with free-agent outfielder Cody Ross.Ortiz hit .318 with 23 home runs and 60 RBIs in 90 games. His 1.026 slugging percentage would have led all of baseball had he finished with enough at-bats to qualify in the rankings.A year ago, Ortiz accepted arbitration from the Red Sox but contract negotiations dragged on through the winter until, finally, he signed a one-year deal worth $14.58 million on the day he was scheduled for an arbitration hearing.Under the new collective bargaining agreement, the process for a player like Ortiz is different this offseason. Instead of arbitration, teams have the option of making a qualifying offer (based on the average salary of the top 125 players in the league) to their free agents. In Ortiz’s case, that would mean a pay cut because the salary is believed to be in the neighborhood of $13 million.Ortiz has been vocal about wanting a mult-year deal for a few years now, and the Red Sox might be in position to offer one after shedding so much salary in their July deadline trade of first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, outfielder Carl Crawford and pitcher Josh Beckett to the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Ramos, Real Madrid captain says he wants to end his career at the BernabeuThe Irons captain joined Madrid giants from Sevilla in the summer of 2005, and has made over 550 appearances for the club in all competitions.The 32-year-old won four La Liga titles, two Copa del Reys and three Champions League during his time at the Bernabeu, meanwhile, and shall have the opportunity to land a fourth European Cup in Kiev this weekend.Zidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.The centre-back was previously linked with a move to Manchester United, but has revealed that he wants to end his professional career in the Spanish capital.“My own future? I’d like to retire in Madrid, I cannot see myself playing for a club other than Real Madrid,” he said, according Cadena Cope.Ramos has a contract with his current club until the summer of 2020 and scored five times in 41 appearances for Real Madrid during the 2017-18 campaign.
Tags: #SB Rep. Ned Canfield, R-Sebewaing, invites residents of the 84th House District to attend his in-district office hours throughout the month of October.“I encourage all residents with questions and concerns regarding state government to come join me at my office hours,” Rep. Canfield said. “Your input is vital to ensuring our district is the very best it can be.”Office hours will be held at the following times and locations:Thursday, Oct. 13Reese Unity District Library Community Room2065 Gates Street in Reese5:30-6:30 pmFriday, Oct. 21stMillington Arbela District Library8530 Depot St. in Millington4:30-5:30 pmNo appointment is necessary. Residents unable to attend office hours are encouraged to contact Rep. Canfield by phone at 517-373-0476, or by email at [email protected] Categories: Canfield News