News July 15, 2005 – Updated on January 20, 2016 Poet and journalist Abdallah Al-Ryami jailed for criticising human rights violations Romania: In an open letter, RSF and ActiveWatch denounce judicial pressures on investigative journalists following a complaint from a Bucharest district mayor Follow the news on Romania December 2, 2020 Find out more Help by sharing this information News May 26, 2021 Find out more November 23, 2020 Find out more RomaniaEurope – Central Asia to go further News RSF_en News Organisation RSF and 60 other organisations call for an EU anti-SLAPP directive Reporters Without Borders today condemned the arrest on 12 July of poet and journalist Abdallah Al-Ryami for criticising human rights violations in Oman, and deplored the strict censorship of writers and journalists which the Omani authorities have been enforcing for the past few months.”We call on the sultanate’s government to free Al-Ryami at once and to respect the 1995 Alma-Ata declaration in which it undertook to adopt laws guaranteeing the rights to freedom of expression and opinion, access to information and press freedom,” the organisation said. Amendment of the press laws, which allow the authorities to exercise systematic control of all means of expression, is also necessary, Reporters Without Borders said.Al Ryami had been harassed by the authorities ever since he was invited to take part in a televised debate about democratic reforms in July 2004, and voiced doubt about the government’s readiness to undertake real democratic reforms. The authorities immediately gave verbal instructions to newspaper editors and the state radio and TV broadcaster’s executives forbidding them to interview Al Ryami or even mention his name or his works.A published poet and playwright, Al-Ryami often used to take part in arts and culture programmes on Omani television. Since he spoke out on Al-Alam, his TV programmes had been withdrawn but he continued to write for various websites such as www.kikah.com, an independent online magazine dedicated to arts and culture. Ten RSF recommendations for the European Union Receive email alerts RomaniaEurope – Central Asia
Government Significant Tenant Interest In Purchasing State Route 710 Homes Reported State Agencies Provide Paths to Homeownership Published on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 | 3:29 pm Some tenants along the formerly proposed State Route 710-North corridor moved closer to home ownership today as the first deadline closed in the Affordable Sales Program.The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) collaborated with sister agencies to design the Program, which returns state-owned property to the communities of Pasadena, South Pasadena and Los Angeles and allows tenants the opportunity to become homeowners.Caltrans said in a press release that it received nearly 90 responses on the 42 properties for sale, and the Department is currently reviewing submittals for eligibility.“This is good news not only for these individuals who may have their first opportunity at affordable home ownership, but for the entire community,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty.Caltrans notified the potential buyers last December that they may be eligible to purchase the property they were living in, with low and moderate income tenants given first priority under the law known as the Roberti Bill.The Affordable Sales Program further allows Housing Related Entities to purchase should tenants not wish to buy the property themselves. Housing entities must either rent or sell first to current residents, regardless of income. Any equity gained upon subsequent sales returns to an Affordable Housing Trust Account for purposes of expanding affordable housing in Pasadena, South Pasadena, Alhambra and La Cañada-Flintridge.These first 42 properties are among 460 parcels currently owned by Caltrans, that were once purchased for the State Route 710 corridor extension project.“We are pleased to be able to provide and expand affordable housing opportunities for this community,” said Caltrans District 7 Director Carrie Bowen.Caltrans has contracted with Veterans Realty Group, a real estate consulting company, to facilitate the transactions and guide occupants through the purchase process. In January the consultant held homebuyer education workshops for occupants in Phase 1, and have subsequently met with every one of the occupied to walk them through their options. A special mortgage product has been established by the California Housing Finance Agency to assist lower income tenants purchase at affordable prices and gain limited appreciation.The first phase of sales will take approximately one year to complete. The remaining properties are anticipated to begin sales in the second phase beginning in late 2017.The California Transportation Commission must approve sales of state owned property. More information is available at http://www.dot.ca.gov/d7/business/710sales/. HerbeautyCostume That Makes Actresses Beneath Practically UnrecognizableHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty6 Lies You Should Stop Telling Yourself Right NowHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyHere Are Indian Women’s Best Formulas For Eternal BeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty9 Hollywood Divas Who Fell In Love With WomenHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Of The Most Notorious Female Spies In HistoryHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty5 Things To Avoid If You Want To Have Whiter TeethHerbeautyHerbeauty Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Top of the News Make a comment Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. More Cool Stuff 0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena Community News Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPasadena Water and PowerPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes First Heatwave Expected Next Week Business News EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Subscribe Community News
WhatsApp FAMOUS faces from the world of horse racing will attend a fundraising evening at Cheltenham Racecourse in the UK this Saturday June 15 for injured Limerick jockey JT McNamara.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up The 37-year-old Croom man suffered a serious neck injury which resulted in paralysis at the Cheltenham Festival on March 14. He is receiving treatment at the spinal unit of Dublin’s Mater Hospital.Companies, race courses and high-profile horse owners have donated prizes for the night. The fundraiser will take place in the Gold Cup Suite at Cheltenham Racecourse. For more information or to donate e-mail [email protected] Previous articleSchoolchildren escape Limerick bus fireNext articleGeraldines AFC Awards Night Guest Writerhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Print Twitter Limerick’s All Ireland winning champions return to action Linkedin RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Facebook Email Sod turned on €15 million Croom school campus Croom festival highlights plight of Maigue crayfish Dawn of a new era for education in Croom Common sense would light up Croom TAGSCheltenham fundraiserCroomLimerick jockey JT McNamara NewsCheltenham fundraiser for JTBy Guest Writer – June 11, 2013 551 Advertisement ETB announces appointment of main contractor for construction of new Coláiste Chiaráin, Croom
LifestyleArtsLimerickNewsCall out for Limerick schools to participate in new outreach programmeBy Meghann Scully – January 12, 2021 138 TAGSKeeping Limerick PostedlimerickLimerick PostNational Gallery of Ireland Previous articleMan charged in connection with discovery of knife in car after refusing to comply with Limerick garda directionsNext articleLimerick Women’s Network hoping to encourage women into public representative roles with new programme Meghann Scully Linkedin Billy Lee names strong Limerick side to take on Wicklow in crucial Division 3 clash YOUR Gallery at School, a new initiative by the National Gallery of Ireland, opens for primary school applications today.YOUR Gallery at School, a new initiative by the National Gallery of Ireland, opens for primary school applications today.Bringing art directly to schools across the country, this holistic outreach programme marks the extension of the Gallery’s partnership with global aircraft leasing company SMBC Aviation Capital.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up In 2021, the National Gallery of Ireland will work with six schools to create a tailored programme of activities.With a focus on learning through and about art, wellbeing and creative careers, Your Gallery at School will include individual practical workshops, sensory sessions, talks and Q&As for selected schools.The Gallery is committed to breaking down barriers that prevent engagement with art in Ireland, and so Your Gallery at School will engage with children who may not usually be able to visit the Gallery or who may face barriers in accessing culture. Schools across Ireland can apply to participate in the programme.Sean Rainbird, Director of the National Gallery of Ireland, commented: “The National Gallery of Ireland is delighted to grow its partnership with SMBC Aviation Capital with the launch of this exciting new initiative: Your Gallery at School.“Creativity and innovation are transferrable and valuable skills for children. We hope that bringing art education to schools across the country in this dynamic new way will encourage curiosity and future learning amongst our participants.” he said.Peter Barrett, Chief Executive of SMBC Aviation Capital, added: “One of the key principles that has guided our business since its inception has been to make a long-term positive contribution to the communities in which we operate.“We are proud therefore this year, our 20th in business, to continue and deepen our partnership with the National Gallery of Ireland.” he added.The primary school phase of Your Gallery at School will run in Spring and Summer 2021; the post-primary school phase will run in Autumn 2021.Primary applications are now open; post-primary applications will open in August 2021. For details of how to apply, key dates and application forms, see www.nationalgallery.ie. Email Facebook Twitter Limerick Ladies National Football League opener to be streamed live WhatsApp Limerick’s National Camogie League double header to be streamed live RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WATCH: “Everyone is fighting so hard to get on” – Pat Ryan on competitive camogie squads Roisin Upton excited by “hockey talent coming through” in Limerick Print Donal Ryan names Limerick Ladies Football team for League opener Advertisement
Facebook TAGS Facebook Local News Twitter Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp By Digital AIM Web Support – February 24, 2021 WhatsApp Pinterest Odessa High’s Kaleb Murry (20) dribbles against Permian’s Shy Stephens-Deary (10) during the second half of their district game Tuesday night in the OHS Fieldhouse. Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Wednesday, Jan. 30. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com. 1. A small group of Odessa High School students will be heading to New York City to participate in the Honors Performance Series at Carnegie Hall. 2. The food delivery app Waitr is expanding its services to Odessa and Midland this week, allowing residents to order food for delivery from several local restaurants across town. 3. Police are searching for two men who are wanted after they reportedly committed mail fraud to 77 people. 4. Now as a 36-year-old restaurateur, Steve Lin has set the grand opening for the Fun Noodle Bar, which will make all homemade noodles to order, at 11 a.m. Tuesday at 2738 Grandview Ave.5. IN SPORTS: The Permian Panthers boys basketball team took control of their own destiny Tuesday, completing a season sweep of crosstown rival Odessa High and moving into a four-way tie in the District 2-6A boys basketball race. Five things you need to know today, Jan. 30 Previous articleLos Angeles Lakers waive 2-time champion guard Quinn CookNext articleGOOD NEWS: Sul Ross grad student connects WWII airman with lifesaving history Digital AIM Web Support
ABC NewsBy MAX GOLEMBO, ABC News(NEW YORK) — The storm that left parts of the South under 15 inches of snow and a shield of ice this week is now moving into the East Coast.The highest snowfall total this week was in Arkansas, where up to 15 inches of snow fell. Little Rock actually saw a record 11.8 inches on Wednesday. At the same time, half a foot of snow fell from Oklahoma to Tennessee, North Alabama and Mississippi.But on Thursday morning, the storm is making its way into the East Coast, and could bring extreme weather from Florida to Massachusetts.Also on Thursday, heavy snow will be moving through the Northeast, from Washington, D.C., to Philadelphia, New York City and, eventually, Boston.To the South, an icy mix of freezing rain and sleet is expected from Virginia to North Carolina.There is also a flash flooding and tornado threat from Florida to North Carolina.On Friday morning, snow will continue from Philadelphia to New York City and Boston, and an icy mix is expected from Washington, D.C., to Virginia and North Carolina.Washington, D.C., will likely see 2 to 4 inches of snow, Philadelphia 6 to 8, New York City 5 to 9 and Boston 6 to 8.While the cold weather will continue in some states, others will see warmer temperatures by the weekend.A nice warm-up is expected in Houston Sunday, where temperatures are set to climb into the 60s.Further north, from Kansas City to Chicago and Minneapolis, temperatures are expected to reach above freezing for the first time in weeks.Winter weather alerts have stretched all the way to Texas, where a separate disturbance is bringing additional ice and snow on Thursday.Galveston Mayor Craig Brown told ABC News’ Good Morning America Thursday morning that they are still dealing with burst pipes and are having to bring in more water. At the same time, he said, many people remain without power.Brown added, “90% of our entire population was cut off of the power for about two days.” Due to the pipe bursts, the mayor said their hospital “ran dangerously low on water.” Now that they’ve been able to fill up the tanks again, however, they’re back up and running. When asked what the city needs, Brown said: “We need to get our power up. We need to turn water off to all the homes where pipes have burst and draining the system we’re working with citizens on that.”He said people are also dealing with lack of food and water: “The human suffering though that is occurring from this is very very concerning.” While the city has dealt with power outages and pipe bursts before due to hurricanes, Brown said: “We have a history of recovery, but this is worse than a hurricane. In a hurricane you can go to the mainland and get away from this. In this particular situation, no matter where you go in Texas you still have a concern that is similar to what we have here.” Brown said he sent a letter to the state’s governor requesting an investigation of the city’s electrical system. He also said that while they are getting supplies from the government, it hasn’t been entirely efficient.“The entire state seems to have some form of paralysis with this, and we’re getting supplies but not as quickly as we need,” Brown said.Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
ABC News(NEW YORK) — A late season cold blast is expected to hit millions from the Rockies to the East Coast on Tuesday.Already up to 17 inches of snow fell in the Rockies with up to 5 inches reported in Denver.This storm system that brought all the snow to the Rockies will move east Tuesday and Wednesday, bringing snow from Colorado to New York.There are 11 states on alert for late season snowfall from Colorado to New York on Tuesday morning.A total of 2 to 5 inches of snow is expected in Kansas, Missouri, Indiana and Ohio over the next 24 hours.As the storm system moves into the Northeast, heavy snow will break out on the back side and northern side of the storm with more than half a foot of snow possible from Erie, Pennsylvania, to Buffalo, New York, and into northern New England.Behind this storm system, a winter-like blast is expected to bring record cold temperatures all the way to Texas as nearly two dozen states from New Mexico to West Virginia are under freeze alerts.Dozens of record or near record lows are expected for the South and the central U.S.The coldest morning for the south central states, including Texas, should be Wednesday morning when Dallas could break a record low of 39 degrees.A record low could also be shattered Wednesday morning in Oklahoma City where the old record is 34 and current forecast temperature is in the upper 20s.Some of that cold air will move into the East Coast and the I-95 corridor Wednesday night into Thursday morning, when the wind chill is expected to be in the 20s and teens for the Northeast and it will feel like freezing as far south as Raleigh, North Carolina.Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare via Email Share via Shortlink Full Name* Email Address* Tags Jamie Dimon, Steve Roth, Donald Trump and 555 California St. (Trump, Getty)Vornado Realty Trust has lined up a huge refinancing for the San Francisco office tower it owns with former President Donald Trump’s company — a deal that could return hundreds of millions of dollars in cash to the owners.JPMorgan Chase is working on the $1.2 billion refinancing of 555 California Street and two adjacent buildings, Bloomberg News reported. The deal will fund improvements for the office tower and return about $617 million to Vornado and the Trump Organization.Trump owns 30 percent of 555 California and 1290 Avenue of the Americas in New York through a partnership with Vornado. The REIT tried to sell the buildings last year but had to lower its price expectations before eventually pulling the properties off the market in November.ADVERTISEMENTAfter the insurrection at the Capitol in January, several banks tied to Trump said they would no longer do business with him — a major problem considering he has $590 million in loans coming due over the next four years, about half of which he’s personally guaranteed.Trump Organization executive vice president Eric Trump declined to comment on the refinancing.The former president’s stake in the two buildings accounts for nearly a third of his $2.3 billion fortune. But Vornado CEO Steve Roth stressed during the company’s February earnings call that Trump’s role in the partnership is not an active one.“His role in the buildings is totally passive,” Roth said. “He’s OK with that and I’m delighted with that.”[Bloomberg] – Rich BockmannContact Rich Bockmann Donald TrumpJPMorganReal Estate FinanceVornado Realty Trust Message* Share via Shortlink